Monday, September 8, 2008

Nooooo! But also so close...

You're probably confused about what the title meant. ^^
But I'll tell you.
The bus that I get on to go to school leaves at 7:45am sharp; just like almost every other school-bus.
Last night I had a rough sleep, filled with tossing and turnings, waking up in the middle of the night out of--" No no, I was actually awake at midnight, "Waking up in the early hours of morning... etc etc...."
I didn't have a nightmare. I never do. I probably only have a nightmare once every 5 years, and it will be something silly like this: (i had this when I was 7 and I still remember it)
I was in the basement and noticed that someone had put 2 large, hairy mammoths in front of the stairway, blocking the stairs.
A sign by the mammoths read, "Do not touch the Mammoths' butts"
I was curious, so I touched one of the mammoth's butts and ran up the stairs. Suddenly, I appeared in the garage and I was suddenly TERRIFIED that the mammoths would start chasing me.
Then I woke up, scared silly.
ANYWAYS!
So we know that the bus leaves at 7:45...right? Or should I explain that? *Becca, we KNOW ALREADY! Get on with the fable...*
Well, I don't know what a fable is, but- SO.
I have a strange habit of turning off my alarm when it goes off and going back to sleep. But so far I have never been late for school because of that.
So this morning I turned off my alarm when it woke me up at 6 am (I needed to take a shower) Then went back to sleep and woke up again at
7:48 am !!!!
You know how in lots of stories the main character thinks he's dreaming so he squeezes his eyes shut and mutters, "wake up...wake up..." then pinches himself?
Well, I seriously did that. Really. I looked at the time, looked out the window, knew I was probably having a bad dream, squeezed my eyes shut, pinched myself, all that.
When I realized that I was NOT dreaming, I flew out of my room so fast that the door practically flew off the hinges, I washed my face, got dressed in the most outrageous outfit, (having no time to spend 20 minutes picking one out, I just grabbed the first things my hands touched: A gray, white and silver shirt with a pair of bright green shorts)
(!)
yanked my greesy hair into a sloppy ponytail, threw on flipflops, forgot breakfast, and while my mom banged around the kitchen making my lunch, I tried to calm down and remember all my homework. But I couldn't calm down! School started in 3 minutes!
My mom and I slammed the doors shut in our boring mini-van and screeched into the sunrise at full speed towards my Jr High.
And, (THIS IS TRUE!) I dropped in my assigned seat at the exact time the bell rang. It really is true.
Have you ever experianced that? I haven't.

Your exhasperated hobo,

Becca

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have. I get that all the time when I have to race from one side of the school to the other! :D

- Ethan

Jacob and Sarah Jenkins said...

I like your story, Becca! It's pretty funny, and I think it has happened to everyone at least once in their lives.